I was in labor for over 5 hours, with 2 cups of apple juice, a cup of hot milk tea and a few fish crackers in between before I could give birth to the first introductory line about myself.
I’m Maylin, one half of the Fab Squad.
WAS: An actuarial graduate who fled the financial scene after 3 years painstakingly crunching numbers.
AM: A Public Affairs/Public Relations/Communications go-to person. I answered my calling of becoming an event manager cum PR specialist in several companies, and never looked back (OK, I took a peak once or twice just to make sure I made the right choice). Not the most perfect wordsmith, but indeed I have a penchant for sharing the mini episodes in my not-so-ordinary life.
STORY OF MY LIFE: After 2 weeks of major left-swiping, I met my fiancé a.k.a the other half of Fab Squad a.k.a. Izwan on Tinder, an app I (initially) didn’t have an iota of faith in. Ironically, the one app that I did not believe in became my salvation*.
Pre-Izwan, I led a mundane and probably un-purposeful, lifeless routine.
- No goals.
- Vague dreams.
- Going with the flow.
And the dangerous part is – I thought I was doing just fine…
Until one fine day, while we were driving around town, Izwan asked me the simplest of all questions, “Tell me about your dreams.”
It struck a chord – I didn’t really have any. Not one. None.
So, you guessed it right. Then onwards, I received daily coaching from Izwan, of which most of them were ultra-tear-jerkers.
Fastforward – I did pretty much a lot of things under the sun that I said I wouldn’t.
- I have reverted to the religion of running.
- I’ve climbed over 8-ft walls and lugged 20kg sandbags over my shoulders, without accidently pooping in my knickers.
- I cycle close to 20km on freaking [alternate] Sunday mornings, without burning my in-betweens! Yay to that!
- I now Have. Life. Goals.
* * *
Out of curiosity, and be honest to yourself:
- Are you currently living in oblivion?
- Can you paint a vivid picture of your destination?
- Do you share the same sentiment as I did about my non-existent life goals?
Just some thoughts to ponder.
Till next post, Fab Folks!