I always had the idea of going for an overseas babymoon – I see a lot of my girlfriends do it. London, Paris, Rome, Switzerland, Australia… and all the other nice places you can mark on the map (not gonna lie, I do envy them). However due to time (and budget!), and the fear of flying during pregnancy, the both of us decided to go somewhere closer to home and the heart – the calm and collected town of Ipoh, Perak.
We stayed at the M Boutique Hotel – a ‘hipster’ hotel that displays a tasteful interior. Loved it to bits! Until we arrived at our room…
Everything was perfect, except for the toilet door – there wasn’t one! Apparently it was the concept of making the best out of the limited space they had. Just because you’re married doesn’t mean EVERYTHING has to (literally) be shared! Imagine trying to do your #2 quietly. Oh, the torture! Anyway, our stay was pleasant, despite the non-existent bathroom door.
Here’s a short video of our trip – you can only see me babbling (and acting funny) as my husband was the guy behind the camera.
For someone who’s in PR, I’m horribly shy and awkward in front of the camera. Has anyone got tips for me?
Places that we went to for makan (in the video) that you MUST try out too:
- Greentown Dim Sum: 10, Persiaran Greentown 4, Pusat Perdagangan Greentown, 30450 Menglembu, Perak
- Bits and Bobs: 99, Jalan Sultan Yusuff, 30000 Ipoh, Perak
- Restoran New Hollywood: 38, Jalan Lee Kwee Foh, Taman Canning, 31400 Ipoh, Perak (please, please, PLEASE try the cakoi!! I can have baskets of those!)
- Funny Mountain Soya Bean: 49, Jalan Theatre, Ipoh, 30300, Ipoh, Perak, Taman Jubilee, 30300 Ipoh, Perak
- Nasi Kandar (Ganja), Kedai Kopi Yong Suan: 2, Jalan Yang Kalsom, Taman Jubilee, 30300 Ipoh, Perak
- Old Andersonian Club and Cafeteria: 932, Jalan Hospital, 30450 Ipoh, Perak (they have nice banana leaf rice).
- Shop #2 next to the old Waldorf Cinema, Batu Gajah: Coordinate – 4°28’8″N, 101°2’30″E (must try: coconut juice, iced jelly and ais kacang)